[Gambas-user] Removing / Modifying IsXXXX() functions in Gambas3

Ron ron at ...1740...
Tue Nov 30 15:20:03 CET 2010

On 30-11-2010 15:07, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>>> They were not replaced, I just removed some abbreviations. But I admit it
>>> maye be stupid, as it just takes memory in the compiler. The interpreter
>>> does not care.
>> Ok, I understand now I think CLng and CSng where 'aliases' of main
>> functions CLong and CSingle.
> They were aliases.
>
>> But CString is an 'alias' of CStr, not the main function, so the other
>> way around, therefor you didn't remove Cstr, is that what you are
>> saying?
> CString and CStr are the same thing too.

But they are threated differently, thats what I  meant by vb logic...
not consistent.

>> Yes we did apparently...
>>
>> Look at the attached screenshot..
>> I marked -with my mouse- all the full lines of text you see in there
>> except the last one "Main.ControlLed("EIB", "On")
>>
>> The last letters of "byte" are not back colored purple, even though I
>> have selected them.
>> It does this with all lines having comments in them
>>
>> It's due to the fact that the font of the comments are different
>> size/type as the rest I guess, this is the default Ubuntu type theme.
>>
> No, it's a bug in Qt or in the font you use. It happens sometimes. You should
> use another font!
>
> Regards,

But it's the default font/theme for Ubuntu 10.4... I didn't change a
think about the theme.
It looks horrible too, can't you choose another one for comments in your
gambas ide project?
So it works ok always...

Regards,
Ron.