[Gambas-user] What replaces isSTring

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Nov 30 00:12:39 CET 2010

> wasn't really paying attention to the discussion on this, but
>
> IsString is gone in the latest update and its blown away all our database
> saving routines (we don't use the gambas ones).
>
> This code:
>
>    If IsString(field) Then   no longer works.
>
> Any help appreciated.

See the comments I made to Ron.

IsString(value) must be replaced by TypeOf(value) = gb.String.

And more generally, IsXXXX(value) must be replaced by TypeOf(value) = gb.XXXX

Only IsNull() has been kept. The other IsXXXX() functions now check if a
string can be converted safely to a boolean, an integer, a long, a float or a
date.

But you should tell in which context you use IsString(), to be sure that you
didn't make a mistake by using it at the first place.

> In the meantime - Benoit - How do I roll back to a previous SVN version so
> I can continue working/using my program.
>
> Richard

svn update -r <REVISION> to update your local copy of Gambas sources to the
revision <REVISION>.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Benoît Minisini