[Gambas-user] Type Mismatch error with max neg long int as constant

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Nov 27 15:29:22 CET 2010

> > In Gambas2, I get a type mismatch error...but no error if ends in a 7
> >
> > PUBLIC CONST LOWESTLONG AS Long = -9223372036854775808   'from wiki:
> > -9.223.372.036.854.775.808
> >
> > -Fernando
>
> Mmm. Yes. Strange, as it works inside the interpreter, and I thought both
> compiler and interpreter had the same "string to number" routine.
>
> I will look at that...

OK, I see: the compiler reads the sign of the number in one place, and the
digits in another place. So it tries to read "9223372036854775808" as a
positive integer, and of course it overflows, as the greatest long is
"9223372036854775807".

No solution at the moment...

--
Benoît Minisini