[Gambas-user] Rnd Wiki

Demosthenes Koptsis demosthenesk at ...626...
Thu Nov 25 17:03:07 CET 2010

hm... i think i have got it.

The function accepts two parameters

Rnd ( [ Min [ , Max ] )

the Min param and the Max param.

if we pass only one param it takes as first argument, so it is the Min
argument

BUT BUT BUT... it uses it as Max value, as upper limit, because the
lower limit by default is 0 !!!

so the range is [0, Min] !!!
same to say the range is [0, Argument1]

Is that really happen ???

If this is the point it is really very strange to understand it for me
at least because suddenly the Min word became Max limit.

On Thu, 2010-11-25 at 14:26 +0100, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> if i wrote that like a function ...
>
> rnd(min as float, max as float)
>
> the variable named min don't change his name
>
> i think benoit should take others name than min/max
>

> val1/val2 ?
>
> Float = Rnd ( [ Val1 [ , Val2 ] )
>

> * If no parameters is specified, returns a pseudo-random number in the
>   interval [ 0 , 1 [.
>
>  * If only one parameter is specified it is Max value, returns a
> pseudo-random in the
>    interval [ 0 , Val1 [.
>
>  * If the two parameters are specified they are Min, Max values,
>    returns a pseudo-random in the interval [ Val1 , Val2 ].
>

> --
> Fabien Bodard

Demosthenes Koptsis.