[Gambas-user] Installing gambas3 on LinuxMint

Ian Haywood ihaywood at ...1979...
Fri Nov 19 12:31:28 CET 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Ian Haywood <ihaywood at ...1979...> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Dr. Martin Senftleben
> <linux at ...1904...> wrote:
>
>> I want to install gambas3 on my LinuxMint machine (64bit), but it
>> doesn't work, the gambas3-gb-db-mysql package cannot be installed,
>> because it requires libmysqlclient15off, which is not available. I have
>> libmysqlclient16 on the system, and libmysqlclient15off is not on the
>> list of installable packages.
>>
>> Any ideas?
> Where are you getting these packages from?
> if they are mine, then the issue is they are compiled against an older
> version of
> Ubuntu than what you are using
I have updated the packages to the latest svn (3301), and now they are compiled
for karmic, lucid, and maverick, the three most recent Ubuntu releases.

For Linux Mint, I'd try with the Ubuntu Maverick release, so add the
following to /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ihaywood3/gambas3/ubuntu maverick main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/ihaywood3/gambas3/ubuntu maverick main

then enter

 sudo apt-get update
 sudo apt-get install gambas3

and hopefully gambas should be installed!

Ian