[Gambas-user] About help and arrays and variables

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Fri Nov 19 09:07:58 CET 2010

http://gambasdoc.org/help/cat/objectmodel

http://gambasdoc.org/help/cat/arraydecl

Ok so,

an embedd array is a private array...

you cannot give it as argument throw a procedure ex :

Public mysub(myVar as MyArray[])

Like we can do with a dynamic array that have global reference such as
any objects

The embedd array have the same memory space than the object into it is
initialized... so it die with this object

A dynamic array will be alive all the time it is referenced somewhere
in the project. like any gambas objects.

Yes i prefer dynamics one ... and i think , like Benoit i don't use
static one any more.

Le 19 novembre 2010 01:38, Benoît Minisini
<gambas at ...1...> a écrit :
>> Can someone explain embedded arrays further?
>>
>> i understand nothing.
>>
>> i know what a normal array is and that it can be static or dynamic.
>>
>> But "embedded arrays are just a way to access a part of a Gambas object"
>>
>> for example i have a TextBox1 how can i use an embedded array on it?
>>
>> You mean do use the TextBox1 as an array..? For example to enumerate its
>> properties? i cant think what do you mean.
>>
>> If there is an example to demonstrate the differences. Please.
>>

> First, have you read the documentation page about Gambas object model?
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

Fabien Bodard