[Gambas-user] About help and arrays and variables

Demosthenes Koptsis demosthenesk at ...626...
Wed Nov 17 11:38:09 CET 2010

Hi again,

i am writing my book and now i am in the section about arrays.

i see that in help wiki the pages about arrays are mixed up with
variables subject.

This is not well readable and understood.

I feel that the arrays try to be described in a general way like
variables.

For example

1) in http://gambasdoc.org/help/lang/vardecl?show

the syntax is

[ STATIC ] { PUBLIC | PRIVATE } Identifier [ Embedded array
declaration ] AS Datatype [ = Expression ]

and is mentioned the [ Embedded array declaration ].

2) in the other hand in http://gambasdoc.org/help/lang/arraydecl?show

the infos are very mixed up. It is not easy readable and understood by a
beginner.

In my book i follow the next way to describe these subjects.

Variables
  Scope (local, global)
  Declaration of local vars
  Declaration of global vars
  Initialization

Arrays
  Scope (local, global)
  Declaration of local arrays
  Declaration of global arrays
  Initialization
  Static arrays
  Dynamic arrays

i propose to a similar way for the wiki so these subjects to be easy to
read and understand and not to have all the info in one or two pages all
together.

Demosthenes Koptsis.