[Gambas-user] smtp mail with gambas 2.20 sent mail body message and/or attached file not sowhon/opened by client

Leonardo Miliani leonardo at ...1237...
Sun May 30 11:21:22 CEST 2010

Il giorno gio, 27/05/2010 alle 14.46 +0200, marco bra ha scritto:
> Ok i have posted all tests to you.
>
> As you can see also Evolution ( and also Outlook) loose attached file
> (the file is in the message source ) but it isn't able to open
> attachment.
> When smtp class generated message have body message and attachment.
> Only kmail can open and read all the message parts.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Marco

I had in the past similar problems using SMTP module.
I agreed that it is a problem of the module that doesn't keep care of
the MIME types of the attachments, so if you include only the message
body or 1 file, it works correctly. But if you include a file, the
module mixes the MIMEs so that mail clients cannot undestand where the
body finishes and the attachment begins.

The only solution I found to send a mail from Gambas is using an
external mail prog like mutt and a server mail like procmail or
similars.
--
Leonardo Miliani
www.leonardomiliani.com

Webmaster e co-fondatore di www.gambas-it.org
Il portale di riferimento per i programmatori Gambas italiani