[Gambas-user] Structure support in Gambas 3

Thu May 27 09:12:03 CEST 2010

> To define a structure, you must declare it inside a class or a module that
> way:
>
> 	Public Struct<StructName>
> 	<Var1>  As<Type1>
> 	<Var2>  As<Type2>
> 	End Struct

This means you cannot define the struct itself at runtime like an
object, right? You must know the struct's composition of variables in
advance? So the program could not react freely to a change in the
database? (Don't know how to express it more clearly...)

But it's great, I find this practical as well when you include external
functions from the system.

> ability to release incremental versions of Gambas (3.1, 3.2...) that won't be
> just bug fixes like in the 2.x versions.

I don't quite see what you mean by that. Do you intend to create an
update mechanism that loads new libraries?

Regards

Rolf