[Gambas-user] Re ODBC and MS SQL

Franklin Solutions Limited franklinsolutions at ...2340...
Wed May 26 21:47:11 CEST 2010

Good evening

I also tried connecting to a MS SQL server using the ODBC connection.  I
installed the TDS driver and tested the connection from a terminal using
both TSQL and ISQL, to return the results of a query.   Both worked.  When I
then tried using ODBC in the Database example, the connection opened and the
connection status returned true. However when I tried to execute the query i
got a signal #11 error.

I posted the results of the gdb trace as well as the packets captured using
Wireshark for both the connection and execution using both TSQL and the
Gambas database example.  In both instances the packets were identical with
the exception of an additional packet in one of them.  The packets shown
from the Gambas database example showed that the query was sent to the
server and the results returned.  Gambas however just returned a signal #11
rather than assigning the results to the result variable.

I really would like to find a solution for this.

https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=000701ca7cca%2487a1
3ed0%2496e3bc70%24%40net

Tony Oliver