[Gambas-user] Call control from one module

Fabián Flores Vadell fabianfloresvadell at ...626...
Thu May 13 17:19:17 CEST 2010

> I had no idea of this utility, would comment on the forum.
>
> Regards

Hi Craf, note than "properties" is a OOP feature. So, if you write
your programs according to OOP, that's ok (and I fully agree with the
criteria of Jesús), but if you write your programs according to the
paradigm modular/structured, the technique that you should use is
different: you should use a parameter in your routine.

' In the FMain

PUBLIC SUB proc_add(pString AS String)

 control.text= pString

END

'In the Module

proc_add("Hola")

How you can see, in this case, that's almost the same than using a
property. In fact, if you use this routine instead a property, is
perfectly valid not only to the paradigm modular/structured, but to
OOP paradigm too: I mean, in OOP you can use procedures or functions
instead properties (but not allways) to set data members of a class.

This seems just a theorical disquisition, but the message is than is
better working with one paradigm, unless you have enough knowledge
about the paradigms that you merge.

Regards.

--
Fabián Flores Vadell