[Gambas-user] Several lines from a string in the code

craf prog at ...2177...
Thu May 13 01:44:50 CEST 2010

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>
Asunto: Re: [Gambas-user] Several lines from a string in the code
Fecha: Wed, 12 May 2010 23:11:58 +0200

> Try this:
>
> textarea1.text ="bla,bla, bla, bla, bla, bla" &
>                 "bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla" &
>                 "blab,bla"
>

> Regards
>
> Jesus
>

>Or, better:

>textarea1.text ="bla,bla, bla, bla, bla, bla"
 >               "bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla"
 >               "blab,bla"

Hi.

I have a textarea control with the following text:

textarea1.text = "Moon\n"
		 "The Moon is the only natural satellite of Earth.\n"
		 "It is the nearest body and the best known."

Now, let me point out that the strings are translated, but none of the
two methods work for me:

Method 1:
	 textarea1.text = ("Moon\n")
		          ("The Moon is the only natural satellite of Earth.\n")
			 ("It is the nearest body and the best known.")

error: This expresion cannot be a statement in line ...

Method 2:
	textarea1.text = ("Moon\n"
		          "The Moon is the only natural satellite of Earth.\n"
			 "It is the nearest body and the best known.")

error: Missing ')' in line ....

Regards