[Gambas-user] Call control from one module

EA7DFH ea7dfh at ...2382...
Thu May 13 00:29:20 CEST 2010

El 13/05/10 00:08, Jussi Lahtinen escribió:
> Project properties --> Check: Form controls are public.
>
> Jussi
>

> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 00:45, craf <prog at ...2177...> wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I need to call a control that is located on the main form from a module,
>> for this I have dealt with the following code:
>>
>> 'in module
>>
>> public sub proc_add()
>>
>> Fmain.control.text= "Hello"
>>
>> end sub
>>
>> But this form of call control does not work.
>>
>> Regards

If you wont your controls to be public, use Properties instead.
(I think it is not a good idea to make public controls)

In your form:

PROPERTY myText as String

' then two functions will be created automagically:

PRIVATE SUB myText_Write(value as String)
    textarea.Text = value
END

PRIVATE FUNCTION myText_Read() as String
    RETURN textArea.Text
END

Then you could call your property from within a module or another class

MyForm.myText = whatevertext

'or

whatsmytext = MyForm.myText

Hope this helps