[Gambas-user] How to create component written in Gambas

Stevie lang at ...1938...
Mon May 10 23:27:16 CEST 2010

Am Montag, 10. Mai 2010 21:24:17 schrieb Charlie Reinl:
> Am Montag, den 10.05.2010, 20:39 +0200 schrieb Stevie:
> > Hello List,
> >
> > two years ago, I've written a component in Gambas.
> > Last week I leeched the latest Gambas3 from SVN and recompiled the
> > component and the application which depends on this component, too.
> > Something in creating a component must have changed. I can't see my
> > component in the list of available components and my app complains about
> > this missing component, too.
> >
> > 2 hours of google-ing ended in no result. Coul'd someone lend me hand and
> > explain me (the whole way) how to create and register a component?
> >
> > TIA
> > Stevie
>
> Not google-ing, list-ing
>
> "User components" replaced by "Libraries" in Gambas 3
>
> in the list around 25.04.2010

Once question  remains:
- I'm developing a non-GUI-app on my notebook with kubuntu.
- The app, and its component, shall run on debian server without X.
- grep-ing through the app's project directory spits nothing out, regarding
the path of my library (former component).
- Where and how can I set the suitable path in my app, for loading the
library?
- I know, I have (and I want to) recompile my app and (if necassary) my
library on the X-less server, because I want to see unmet depandencies (due to
different versions of gambas or on system library level) at compile time
- But for this szenario, I need a way to tell my app (X-less) where to find its
library.

How???

TIA
Stevie