[Gambas-user] Waiting for keystrokes in a console

Fri May 7 11:03:48 CEST 2010

When I am in a console application, I merely have a

PUBLIC SUB Main()

END

which will once go through and stop. So I guess when the program has to
wait for the user to press a key, I would have to monitor keystrokes
like in good old BASIC times such as

while not instat(): wend
a$ = keystr$

(Was it keystr, or what? Don't remember, it was something like that... :-) )

In Gambas, there is no instat() and stuff, so I thought maybe I can do
that with something like

PUBLIC SUB MMain_KeyPress()

END

But when would this be activated? It wouldn't actually wait for a
keystroke but Main would just run through and quit.

I know there is the Console example, but it requires a bash opened
background and catching its events via Process and so on - isn't that a
bit too much?

You see, I don't get on with this. Probably I'm watching the problem
from the wrong direction ;-) so thanks for your help.

Regards

Rolf