[Gambas-user] Possible bug in Desktop.Open()

Ricardo Díaz Martín oceanosoftlapalma at ...626...
Sun Mar 21 17:54:12 CET 2010

Hi,

Please try to run this simple code from Gambas2 IDE on KDE or gnome and
works fine. After you make the executable file of the project, if you run
the example from console *doesn't work on KDE* but *works in gnome *desktop.

I think this is not a gambas bug because if I replace
Desktop.Open(PathOfFile) by EXEC ["xdg-open", PathOfFile] I show a
"segmentation fault" message at console (but gambas program stay alive).

I note this when I try to run the same app in KDE (on before I usually works
with ubuntu gnome default)

I'm working with gambas 2.19 in Ubuntu 9.10 x86_64 (gnome and KDE).

I'd like to know if there is something wrong on my box.

Regards,
Ricardo Díaz