[Gambas-user] calling back to the caller

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...2345...
Thu Mar 18 21:11:01 CET 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 18.03.2010, 20:12 +0100 schrieb Doriano Blengino:
> Charlie Reinl ha scritto:
>
> >Salut,
> >
> >is it possible to run from a (gambas2) component, a Sub/Function of the
> >component using the 'parent' program?
> >
> >Something parent.NewsFromMyComponent(TRUE) like I would do with public
> >elements on a form: MyForm.NewsFromTheSecondForm(Me.Width)
> >

> Mmm... it is really not clear what you want to do - anyway, I think you
> should use events: they are portable, clean and safe.
>
> If, instead, you are writing a component which should be aware of other
> controls in the same form, or the same parent, without the intervention
> of the main program, you can travel the "Parent" property.
>
> If you really want to peek & poke with fantasy, take a look at the
> Object and Class classes (don't remember the exact names). You can
> discover all the loaded classes, and invoke any method discovered at
> runtime. But it may be a bad idea...
>
> If this does not help, give more information.
>
> Regards,
> Doriano

my project (from now on called 'the program')
use a in gambas2 written component (from now on called 'the
component' [which is  by it's own, also a executable]).
'the component' is embedded on a form of 'the program'.
So the "parent" is known.
What I want is calling a Sub/Function, declared in 'the program', out
from 'the component' ..... calling back to the caller.

Better now ?

Charlie