[Gambas-user] Cannot reduce windows size to modal windows

minterior at ...626... minterior at ...626...
Thu Mar 18 03:06:48 CET 2010

Hello list :)
I don't know if this is a bug, a feature or a misconception, but I can't resize a window in modal mode to a lesser size. I display it with ShowModal and the window appears centered with the size as it is in the form design view into Gambas IDE. All is correct at this point. Now, when I try to resize that window I can only increase it but not reduce.

I've discovered that I can get it with a little workaround: call the method Show before ShowModal, for example:
	Form1.Show
	Form1.ShowModal

Attached to this email I send you a mini Gambas project with an example of this that you can test.

Is this a normal behaviour or a bug?

Another related question: which is the best way to readjust the size of a new displayed window? Manually in the form.class > Form_Open() method? I have a form with hidden inputs with the ignore property at true, and that forces me to reduce the window size when it is opened. If I don't, the window has a lot of undesired free space. I use hbox and vbox for positioning elements.

I have Gambas 2.13 in Kubuntu 9.10, using KDE and QT.

Thank you all!

Jaume Casado Ruiz
GPG Key ID: 0xF71B3570

Free software my friend ;-)