[Gambas-user] One line printing to a /dev/lp0 printer from local network

Wed Mar 17 20:09:29 CET 2010

Vassilis K ha scritto:
> Thank you Alessandro very elegant solution. I'll give it a try!
>
> Doriano, I don't understand how could netcat work here.

Open a terminal and type:

    nc -p27 -l |while read; do echo "send this to /dev/lp0: $REPLY"; done

Then open another terminal and type:

    echo "PRINT THIS" |nc -w1 localhost 27

...I leave the rest to your imagination. If you think that a gambas
program can do this so easily, hat off to you!

Read the documentation about netcat - I bet you can not even imagine
what it can do... :-)

Regards,
Doriano