[Gambas-user] gambas3 search/replace global - really inconvenient

Wed Jun 30 18:31:31 CEST 2010

> Yes, but how can I detect a "binary" file?

 I'm not sure what would be easy way to do it.

 Gedit gives following error message from binary files:
 "gedit has not been able to detect the character encoding.
 Please check that you are not trying to open a binary file.
 Select a character encoding from the menu and try again."

 So, maybe with "file" command?
 I think there should be some library for this, as so many programs
needs this kind of functionality
 (Ubuntu Desktop, browsers, editors, ... ).

 Or, if file has ".dat" etc at end, it is considered as binary.

 I hope someone knows more about this.

Jussi