[Gambas-user] Gambas and ssh

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed Jun 23 19:53:07 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 23 June 2010 11:38 am, Pablo Ontivero wrote:
> Hi, i'm trying to make a app for connect to a pc with ssh, i can connect
> [...]
> entablish and after press the button3 the connection close. I'm not sure
> if when i press the button2 i send the command, but i don't know how to
> see this. Please, anyone can help me? Thanks.

I don't know if it's still the case, but ssh used to require a TTY and
Gambas' SHELL command used to not provide one.  I ended up writing a perl
wrapper using a TTY simulator module that spawned ssh on a TTY, passing the
command line arguments as well as handling bidirectional I/O between the
two processes.  I might have used the Expect module, not sure (it was for a
client and I don't think I have the code anymore.)

Rob