[Gambas-user] Optional and Param (Gambas 3)

Werner wdahn at ...1000...
Thu Jun 10 19:28:49 CEST 2010

On 10/06/10 23:37, Jussi Lahtinen wrote:
> I'm used to do this kind of things like this:
>
> Public Sub _new(Optional x As Float = -1, Optional y As Float = -1
> ,Optional z As Float = -1)
>  If x <> -1 Then v[0] = x
>  If y <> -1 Then v[1] = y
>  If z <> -1 Then v[2] = z
> End
>

> Jussi

Thanks Jussi and everyone else who replied.

My _new routine now looks like this and it does what it should do:

------------------
Public Sub _new(Optional x As Float = 0, Optional y As Float = 0,
Optional z As Float = 0)
  v[0] = x
  v[1] = y
  v[2] = z
End
Dirt simple, dirt cheap.
I don't need to test the parameters any more because 0 is the default
anyway. My problem was that I didn't know you need to specify Optional
for each and every parameter. Come to think of it it does make sense.

Regards
Werner