[Gambas-user] problem with event DataBrowser_MouseDown

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Jul 22 21:27:01 CEST 2010

> Hello
> I use Gambas2-2.21, GTK+ on Ubuntu 10.04.
> My problem is that  events DataBrowser_MouseDown, DataBrowser_DblClick do
> not work.
>

> Thanks
> With kind regards
>
> Ivan

You have just stumbled against a common Gambas problem! :-)

DataBrowser is a compound control, and so is actually a container, so the
basic events (mouse and keyboard) have no sense for what you want.

Hopefully, DataBrowser has a View property that returns the TableView inside
it. Then you can use the Observer class to catch the events raised by the
TableView.

I admit this is far from perfect. I guess you need MouseDown and DblClick
events to let the user popup a menu or activate a row, do you?

--
Benoît Minisini