[Gambas-user] Bug in DateChooser when used with ShowModal? (gambas 2.20)

Felix Lechner felix.lechner at ...626...
Fri Jul 16 10:16:48 CEST 2010

Hello,

DateChooser does not allow me to select a date in most cases when its form
was opened with ShowModal.

Here are the specifics:  The calendar does not react to clicks when its form
is opened with ShowModal and a lower window is still open.  Other buttons in
the same window work fine.  The problem does not occur when the lower window
is closed with ME.Close() before the call to ShowModal().

For convenience, I attached a small gambas project---with two buttons
opening same the window in those two ways.

I use gambas 2.20 from the Madness Mike's PPA on Launchpad under Ubuntu
10.04 lucid.  It is available at
https://launchpad.net/~madnessmike/+archive/gambas.

My kernel was patched for a problem with Intel 845G video.  Did not try on
stock kernel, but would be surprised if that would make a difference.
 'uname -a' output is 2.6.34-v9patch-generic #2-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jun 9
04:13:19 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux.

My apologies if I am reporting a known problem.  I searched the mailing list
but could not find any relevant info about it.

Sincerely,
Felix Lechner