[Gambas-user] Signal management

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Jul 13 13:49:59 CEST 2010

Hi,

I don't remember who needed signal management in Gambas.

But it's there now in Gambas 3 since revision #3037, through a new component
named "gb.signal" and a static class named "Signal".

Signal.Ignore(<signal number>) to ignore a signal.
Signal.Catch(<signal number>) to catch a signal.

A catched signal raises an event that must be handled by a static public
function named "Application_Signal" located in the startup class. That event
handler takes the signal number as argument.

Signal.Reset(<signal number>) to reset a signal to its default behaviour.

All signal numbers have associated numeric constants in the Signal class. For
example: Signal.Ignore(Signal.SIGINT)

The signal management is not perfect yet. For example, don't override SIGCHLD
at the moment, otherwise process management won't work anymore.

If you use it, please send your comments to me.

Benoît Minisini