[Gambas-user] Ping > Benoit --> Apology

Kadaitcha Man nospam.nospam.nospam at ...626...
Tue Jan 26 13:15:22 CET 2010

Benoit,

Some time ago (5 Dec or thereabouts) I reported that sockets in my
Gambas-based proxy would mysteriously die and for no apparent reason,
would continue to refuse to work barring a full linux reinstallation.
There was much to-ing and fro-ing, resulting you being unable to
pinpoint what the problem was and excusing yourself with something
along the lines of "I didn't write the sockets component".

I was able to fix the problem by reinstalling Linux, however, and
again, today, at just gone noon, and for no apparent reason whatsoever
- no updates, no new app installs, nothing, my proxy died yet again;
dead - as a Dodo. I debugged until the cows came home, and my proxy
was not receiving any communication whatsoever from the client.

In despair I decided to install a different client, and lo and behold,
the different client works. I can only conclude that the client, the
Pan newsreader is the cause, and therefore it is a piece of crap.

I have deleted everything I could find to do with Pan, and completely
removed it from my system but the problem persists, yet different
clients continue to work.

I originally thought that the problem was gb2, and moved to gb3. When
it happened again in gb3, I blamed gambas. I was wrong. You have my
sincerest apologies. The clinet, the Pan newsreader, is the culprit
here.