[Gambas-user] drove me crazy

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...2345...
Wed Jan 20 16:43:16 CET 2010

Am Dienstag, den 19.01.2010, 17:30 -0700 schrieb Dimitris Anogiatis:
> Hey Charlie,
>
> Try changing this line
>
>      sKey = col1.Key

>      sKey = sElem.Key
>

> Hope this helps
>
> Regards,
> Dimitris
>
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Charlie Reinl <Karl.Reinl at ...9...>wrote:
>
> > Salut Benoit,
> >
> > its about Collection KEY and Debug-Window on gambas2.
> >
> > If you run that project, and open col1 and col2 in a Debug-Window
> > (DBl-Click on the var), the Collection Key is always the last enumerated
> > element.
> >
> > If you run it without Debug-Window or only col2 in a Debug-Window , the
> > Collection Key is the last read.
> >
> > PUBLIC SUB Main()
> > DIM col1 AS NEW Collection
> > DIM col2 AS NEW Collection
> > DIM sElem AS String
> > DIM sKey AS String
> >  col1.Add("1", "one")
> >  col1.Add("2", "two")
> >  col1.Add("3", "three")
> >  col1.Add("4", "four")
> >  PRINT "Returns the key of the last read or last enumerated element. "
> >   FOR EACH sElem IN col1
> >      sKey = col1.Key
> >      PRINT sKey & " = " & sElem
> >      col2.Add(sElem, sKey)
> >   NEXT
> > END
> >
> > see attached project.
> > --
> > Amicalement
> > Charlie
> >
> > [OperatingSystem]
> > OperatingSystem=Linux
> > KernelRelease=2.6.24-26-generic
> > DistributionVendor=ubuntu
> > DistributionRelease="Ubuntu 8.04.3 LTS"
> >
> > [System]
> > CPUArchitecture=i686
> > TotalRam=506932 kB
> >
> > [Gambas]
> > Gambas1=gbx-1.0.17
> > Gambas1Path=/usr/bin/gbx
> >
> > Gambas2=2.19.0                  rev.2613
> > Gambas2Path=/usr/local/bin/gbx2
> >
> > Gambas3=2.99.0                  rev.2602 (can't compile actually)
> > Gambas3Path=/usr/local/bin/gbx3

Salut Dimitris,

no can't work like that , sElem is 'only' a String.

It is like written in the doc,
"Returns the key of the last read or last enumerated element."
The  problem is, I think, that the Debug-Window loops the collection,
(every time I move in the collection), to refresh all members, so when I
try to set the 'sKey = col1.Key' the last element was read and its KEY
returned.
The Watch-Window shows the right value. But also the col1 collection in
the Watch-Window 'derange' to find the right col1.key

--
Cordialement
Charlie