[Gambas-user] LOCK only within OPEN/CLOSE?

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jan 20 13:35:53 CET 2010

> Thanks for your answer. Is it correct that when I close this stream by
> UNLOCK, it isn't deleted and has to be KILLed programmatically? What
> will happen to another user if his app looks it up after it has been
> UNLOCKed but not deleted?
>
> Regards
>
> Rolf

All locks are automatically unlocked by the system when the program ends. But
the files are not deleted. The other applications just see the file on the
disk, and can use them for locking without any problem.

Benoît Minisini