[Gambas-user] Custom controls - 1 more question

Ron_1st ronstk at ...239...
Tue Jan 19 12:21:56 CET 2010

On Tuesday 19 January 2010, Kadaitcha Man wrote:
> 2010/1/19 Aaron Peachey <alpeachey at ...626...>:
> > Yes, this is the code in my form's class file:
> >
> > PUBLIC SUB Form_Open()
> >  DIM lblName AS Label
> >  lblName = NEW Label(ME)
> >  lblName.Show()
> > END
>
> Erm... have you tried putting text in the label's Caption property,
> set its width and X, Y location so that it is within the visible area
> of the form, yes?
>
> No, you haven't?
>
> There's your problem then, hey. The field has no text so it can't be
> seen, even if it is hiding behind the window title-bar.
>
> Also, lose lblName.Show().
>
> Regards,
>
> <aside to Benoit>
> It looks like X and Y are taken from the top left boundary of the
> form's physical coordinates and not the the top left boundary of the
> visible area within the form.
>
> Perhaps that needs to be fixed, squire.

if he want the control always on the form the dim must be done global
in the head else it lives only for the time the subroutine lives (??)

-----------
private lblName AS Label

PUBLIC SUB Form_Open()
 lblName = NEW Label(ME)
 lblName.Show()
END

Best regards,

Ron_1st

--

111.111111 x 111.111111 = 12345.678987654321