[Gambas-user] Program going off the rails in a way I can't explain. Help?

Kadaitcha Man nospam.nospam.nospam at ...626...
Tue Jan 19 10:20:52 CET 2010

2010/1/19 Doriano Blengino <doriano.blengino at ...1909...>:
> Kadaitcha Man ha scritto:
>> 2010/1/19 Doriano Blengino <doriano.blengino at ...1909...>:
>>

>>> I think that setting up a flag won't hurt anyway, even if it is ugly.
>>> The whole GUI world (not only gambas) seems to have this kind of
>>> mentality (to raise an event in response to modifications made by code),
>>>

>> 1) Flags are necessary in any GUI.
>>
> ??
>> 2) Events caused by code should fire as if the user had performed the function.
>>
>> Otherwise the performing code would have to emulate the control's
>> event sequence and there goes OO encapsulation. not to mention the
>> need to write unnecessary and oft-repeating code.
>>
> Debatable (but I am unwilling to debate).
> Is it more oft-repeating and unnecessary to write:

Hey, I don't want to get into an argument, but the fact that you
posted code really blew your "I am unwilling to debate" line right out
of the water :)