[Gambas-user] Gambas3 svn installs now, but won't run

Matti math.eber at ...221...
Sat Jan 16 20:23:01 CET 2010

You're right, there is a little progress.

Got version 2611 now ("from scratch", as you say), and in usr/local/bin now I at
least have the files gambas3, gambas3.gambas, gambas-database-manager.gambas,
gba3, gbc3, gbi3, gbr3, gbs3, gbs3.gambas and gbx3.

But it won't run.

There are still so many errors, warnings and disabled compontents, I still think
there is something very wrong with libtool:

When I do reconf-all for the first time, I get
aclocal: ####################
aclocal: ## Internal Error ##
aclocal: ####################
aclocal: Too many loops.
aclocal: Please contact <bug-automake at ...181...>.
 at /usr/share/automake-1.10/Automake/Channels.pm line 570
        Automake::Channels::msg('automake', '', 'Too many loops.') called at
/usr/share/automake-1.10/Automake/ChannelDefs.pm line 191
        Automake::ChannelDefs::prog_error('Too many loops.') called at
/usr/bin/aclocal line 1060
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 255

Running reconf-all again, I get a lot of things like
libtoolize: You should add the contents of the following files to `aclocal.m4':
libtoolize:   `/usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4'
libtoolize:   `/usr/local/share/aclocal/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize:   `/usr/local/share/aclocal/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize:   `/usr/local/share/aclocal/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize:   `/usr/local/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4'
libtoolize: Remember to add `LT_INIT' to configure.ac.
libtoolize: Consider adding `AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])' to configure.ac and
libtoolize: rerunning libtoolize, to keep the correct libtool macros in-tree.
libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.

libtoolize: You should add the contents of `m4/argz.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.

libtoolize: Remember to add `LTDL_INIT' to configure.ac.
libtoolize: Remember to add `LT_CONFIG_LTDL_DIR([libltdl])' to `configure.ac'.
libtoolize: Consider using `AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR([libltdl/config])' in configure.ac.
libtoolize: Consider using `AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([libltdl/m4])' in configure.ac.

Configure gets me

THESE COMPONENTS ARE DISABLED:

- gb.cairo
- gb.db.firebird
- gb.db.mysql
- gb.db.postgresql
- gb.gtk
- gb.opengl
- gb.sdl

And with make install I read
Libraries have been installed in:
   /usr/local/lib/gambas3

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
     during execution
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
     during linking
   - use the `-Wl,-rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag
   - have your system administrator add LIBDIR to `/etc/ld.so.conf'

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.

I know, this is probably no gambas problem, but I'm really stuck here.
The logs are attatched.

Matti