[Gambas-user] Gambas3 svn installs now, but won't run

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jan 13 15:46:43 CET 2010

> This is giving me headaches.
> Now I deleted everything related to gambas3, also /trunk.
> Deleted libtool.
> Installed libtool 2.2.6b again.
> Did svn checkout again.
> Now I don't have to be root anymore to ./reconf-all, ./configure -C and
>  make. But it doesn't work. I don't even have a "gambas3" file in
>  /usr/local/bin. The logfiles are attatched. If someone could have a look
>  at them...
>
> Libtool always tells me to add things to configure.ac - but I don't
>  understand that.
>
> Strange: I have libtool now in /usr/share/libtool and in
>  /usr/local/share/libtool.
>
> As well, aclocal is in /usr/local/share/aclocal, /usr/share/aclocal and
> /usr/share/aclocal-1.10.
>
> Seems to be some mess, but I don't know how to handle it.
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Matti

You have to install cairo development libraries (cairo and cairo-ft). The
compilation fails because this was not added to the gb.gtk component
requirements until recently.

Benoît Minisini