[Gambas-user] Gambas3 svn installs now, but won't run

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Jan 9 00:40:40 CET 2010

> ... but:
> When I call /usr/local/bin/gambas3, I get this message:
>
> ERROR: #2: Cannot load class '2.99.0': Unable to load class file
> ** INTERNAL ERROR **
> ** Bad type (0) for VALUE_write
> ** Program aborting. Sorry! :-(
>
> What the hell is that again?
> Couldn't google anything like that.
>
> It's on OpenSUSE 11.0, and the first installation of gb3 was without any
>  problems.
>
> Thanks, Matti.

That means that there is something completely weird in your Gambas
installation.

Please provide the full output of the configuration, compilation and
installation process.

You have to be root only when you run "make install". You should not, or must
not be root when doing configuration and compilation.

Benoît Minisini