[Gambas-user] sdl.sound and total length of a track

Dimitris Anogiatis dosida at ...626...
Mon Jan 4 06:01:44 CET 2010

Alessandro,
to get the length of an MP3 file (since gb.sdl.sound works primarily with
mp3s)
I would personally write an ID3Tag module to get the mp3's length and then
load it
through gb.sound.sdl afterward.

or if you want you could also explore the option of using an external player
for your
program...

For an internet radio program I wrote I used xmms2d to play the songs and
that's what I use to get
the length and the current position of the played mp3.

perhaps you can use something similar with either mplayer or mpg123

I hope this helps,
Regards
Dimitris