[Gambas-user] I have a sample program: Photobooth

Shannon Smith shannon at ...2384...
Sun Feb 28 02:23:54 CET 2010

Hey guys -

First off, thanks for all the great work. I've been using Gambas2 for a
while now, and I've made a few cool little programs.

One that I think may be worthy of inclusion on the website is my photobooth.
It uses a webcam, takes 4 pictures, and prints them out. It supports serial
port buttons, as well as the mouse. The user can also choose to take
pictures in color or black and white. All the individual images, as well as
the photostrips, are saved.

I wrote this for personal use, as I am a photographer and needed software
for a photobooth. I figured someone else might find it useful too. (as far
as I can tell, there is no other photobooth software out there for linux
that actually PRINTS the images).

I will say this, it's not super clean. Because of a printing bug, I had to
use a shell script to print from the command line. I needed to print
borderless, and I couldn't get it to work correctly with the built in
printing functions in gambas. There's also rough support for gphoto, when
using a "real" camera, but it's all shell'ed, so the timing is off. Maybe
someone can improve on it?

Thanks again!

Shan

--