[Gambas-user] Questions re using an SVN project in Gambas

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Fri Feb 26 22:49:19 CET 2010

As previouisly mentioned (got no replies) Ian and I have updated our svn for
our project and I couldn't commit because of  'no working copy of admin'

Seached the net and found this:
To clarify, the error "Directory 'blah/.svn' containing working copy admin
area is missing" occurred when I attempted to add the directory to the
repository, but did not have enough filesystem privileges to do so. The
directory was not already in the repository, but it was claiming to be under
version control after the failed add.
Checking out a copy of the parent directory to another location, and replacing
the .svn folder in the parent dir of the working copy allowed me to add and
commit the new directory successfully (after fixing the file permissions, of
course).
I ended up trashing directory, re-checking out (thrice) before I endup up with
a copy that commited

Q). Is the way gambas commits svn such that one should only commit through the
gambas IDE. Previously for many many months I'd always commited outside of the
gambas IDE manually on command line.

Are there any other Gotcha's when using gambas with svn. Any one else doing
it?

Regards

Richard