[Gambas-user] Drawing Area

Thu Feb 25 20:19:58 CET 2010

EA7DFH ha scritto:
> Hi
>
> Doriano, I think there is no need to use Draw.Begin and Draw.End when
> drawings are triggered within the _Draw event. Good introduction, BTW.

I confirm - just tried on the project I sended to you. You are right -
good to know, even if it does not seem to hurt. But if you use
draw.begin(), then you must use draw.end() too (just tried... eh eh
eh... begins() and ends() are nestable, now I recall).
> I'm not used to work with this event, what leads me to ask how to draw
> directly to a printer using this event, if possible at least.

Uhm... I don't think it is possible and, anyway, it would make not much
sense. Printing is a slow process and in the end a file is always
generated, so who cares about memory (and, more or less, about speed).
And more: printed jobs have several pages, where a drawingarea
doesn't... so the approach is different.

Regards,
Doriano