[Gambas-user] How to print Greek

Vassilis K vkan53 at ...2300...
Fri Feb 12 20:45:17 CET 2010

I am using a parallel printer Panasonic KX-P1150 (dot printer).

The printer is at /dev/lp0 and prints very well in English.

In Greek it only shows some strange characters like "road crossings" and
crosses with other symbols.
I have tried to use all the font options of the printer that can be
adjusted from the front panel:

0.PROGRAM
1.Courier
2.Roman
3.Bold PS
4.Sans Serif

The 1st of them is probably for the Program and the other are as
described !

All of the options print the strange crossings in Greek and everything
OK in English.
Is there any solution?

Last year I used the same printer with a Visual Basic Program and it
didn't print Greek at all (the same road crossings).

The printing code is:

hPrinter = OPEN "/dev/lp0" FOR OUTPUT
          hPrinter.EndOfLine = gb.Windows
          PRINT #hPrinter, "Afixi" &  prosorinoAA & " " &
tEpitheto.Text