[Gambas-user] SHELL command with python does not execute!

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Feb 12 10:33:08 CET 2010

> >> A default value does not imply that a value is required, and a "not
> >> null" clause does not imply a default value.
> >
> > Mmm. You may be right. :-) But that needs some change in the gb.db
> > component and in all database drivers.
>
> A general idea could be to add a further optional argument "Flags".
> Those bit-mask flags could have a name like "db.bNotNull" for flags
> valid for every database, and names like MySql.bAutoincrement, for
> example, for flags only valid for certain databases. If, in code,
> someone uses a feature with the wrong backend, an error is generated by
> the compiler (unknown symbol). The definition of a field would be, for
> example:
>
> 	htable.Fields.Add("AFM", MySql.SpecialInteger, 18, db.bNotNull +
>  MySql.bAutoIncrement)
>
> Just an idea.
> Regards,
> Doriano

The gb.db interface is database independent, so no database specific flag
please.

And if there are only one flag (Not Null), auto-increment being just a special
integer field, I will add just an extra boolean argument, after the default
value.

Benoît Minisini