[Gambas-user] printer problem

Wed Feb 10 09:57:51 CET 2010

Charlie Reinl ha scritto:
> Am Donnerstag, den 04.02.2010, 09:48 +0100 schrieb Doriano Blengino:
>
>> The above code is not tested and has several problems. It does not work
>> with UTF8, it does not check for margins, does not go to the next line,
>> it does not return the position of the virtual cursor after having
>> printed a string. But the general idea should be correct.
>>

> Salut Doriano,
>
> finally got the time, better say toke the time, because wanted to finish
> it. I worked out the Draw.Text tab problem.
> Because of other circumstances, I worked out tow ways, first to replace
> it (the "\t") in the string, second to do it in Draw.Text.
>
> The attached example shows the two. And I'm not sure which one will be
> used. It's for gambas2.

I got lost in the source, so the whole thing is not clear to me. Anyway,
all the algorithms seem to work; the rest is application-dependent. The
only suggestion is to see what is the effect of your text in the
original context (ie: was it intended to be displayed in a text-mode
terminal emulator? Or a word processor? Or a printer?).
> Your example worked fine, nearly  without changes (the "Do" made an
> error), thanks.

The "DO" is a pascalism... can not get it out of my mind! -:)
These things happen when using several different languages, and get
worse with age...

Best wishes for your project, and have a nice day,
Doriano