[Gambas-user] printer problem

Mon Feb 8 16:20:56 CET 2010

Am 08.02.2010 14:38, schrieb Benoît Minisini:

>>> That means, no need to print into a file anymore? Great news, Benoit!
>>>
>>> On the other hand, after having worked with the workaround for such a
>>> long time, I found some advantages in working with print files, e. g. I
>>> now can store every form or letter I printed for the students so I can
>>> look them up later if anything is unclear or no copy available ("what
>>> the hack did I print for her then...")
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Rolf
>>
>> Salut Rolf,
>>
>> for me, the way was the other way around. Printing works (with gambas),
>> and I wanted to store automatic one copy as PDF in an archive.
>> And had discovered the error in the Printer.Setup.
>>

> Apparently this feature is managed by CUPS: there is an option to archive all
> documents sent to printers.
>
> Regards,

Oh, that's nice! Never saw this, never knew :-) Tanks for the tipp!

But in my specific case, it is easier to have my student database
program store the documents as per students' names. Easier to retrieve,
I mean.

But where is this Printer Setup thing you use, is it a CUPS frontend? I
know CUPS only from its localhost website frontend. (General setup is
done via the Suse-wide Yast tool.)

Regards

Rolf