[Gambas-user] printer problem

Mon Feb 8 08:20:08 CET 2010

Am 06.02.2010 00:52, schrieb Benoît Minisini:
>> Salut,
>>
>> I still haven't solved the Draw.Text tab problem, but I'v a new one (a
>> problem).
>>
>> If you open the printer-setup the first time, the 'Print to printer' is
>> chosen, and the target-file behind 'Print to file' is empty.
>>
>> If you check 'Print to file' and fill the target-file and then you
>> switch back to 'Print to printer', the target-file field is disabled.
>> (Setup Printer.png)
>>
>> Everything seems to be alright.
>>
>> But, and there is my new problem, in my code I can't see what should be
>> done. (printing 5 times to file, makes no sense)
>>
>> Where is the magic pointer, which shows me the chosen device?
>> (Printer Properties.png)
>>
>> Gambas2=2.19.0                  Revision: 2654
>> qt
>>

> Just a few word to tell that the printer support has been redesigned in Gambas
> 3, this is why I didn't touch the Gambas 2 one anymore.
>
> Now in Gambas 3, it should work as it should have worked since the beginning,
> with both Qt and GTK+.
>
> Regards,

That means, no need to print into a file anymore? Great news, Benoit!

On the other hand, after having worked with the workaround for such a
long time, I found some advantages in working with print files, e. g. I
now can store every form or letter I printed for the students so I can
look them up later if anything is unclear or no copy available ("what
the hack did I print for her then...")

Regards

Rolf