[Gambas-user] Popup menus not popping

Bill Richman bill at ...2351...
Tue Feb 2 00:09:11 CET 2010

Of the three you listed, I use gb.gui only.  If I should be using
something else, I'd be glad to try it.  I'm running Ubuntu 8.10
("Intrepid") with Gnome 2.24.1 desktop.  Interestingly, when I try to
build a simple project to show the menu problem, the menus work
(naturally... X-/) but they only remain visible as long as you've got
the right mouse-button down.  Before I did brain-surgery on Gambas, my
project used to have a hidden menu which would be activated by the
iconview1_mouse.down() /mouse.right combination and it would _stay_
visible until you made a selection.  In the attached demonstration
project, the menu appears when you right-click on the iconview, but it
vanishes if you release the right button.  Also, if you watch the
console, the call to "hiddenmenu.popup" returns instantly, even if you
keep the right button down.  Is this the intended behavior?  I'm
confused.  (Big surprise there, I know...)

Bill Richman - Lincoln, Nebraska
Tilter at windmills, maker of pies in the sky, & curmudgeon
email: bill at ...2350...  web: www.geektrap.com