[Gambas-user] Distribution

Dag Jarle Johansen dag.jarle.johansen at ...2312...
Mon Feb 1 23:45:12 CET 2010

Am Montag, den 01.02.2010, 23:28 +0100 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> > hi,
> >
> > slowly things are getting a bit frustrating.
> > I don't think so, but perhaps I have insulted someone? or are my themes
> > so less interesting, no one cares to answer? I do not expect that all
> > just are waiting for my problems, but absolutly no responce seems a
> > little strange.
> > I follow the mailing-list all the time; I can see endless discussions
> > about the philosophy of tabs, and no one seems to care about problems
> > which are essential to get gambas out to the people. not all docs are
> > that easy to understand or so complete that one can use them as a
> > guideline - perhaps for the one who wrote the doc - not necessarily for
> > some others. it is not easy to write docs for a software which is
> > permanently developing, clear enough. one of my thoughts was to write
> > some examples my self, still want to, but there is a lot to learn first,
> > and as gambas develops, changes turns up, so my first attempts got old
> > even before I could put them on the net.
> >
> > nevertheless - I mainly write database-apps, and they are running in one
> > or another network. it may be a lokal network or on a database in web
> > with an external connection. so I will have to test the apps on several
> > computers. and this is getting difficult. on my workstattion, ubuntu
> > 9.10, I had no troubles installing gambas 3 SVN. then I tried to make an
> > installation-package for ubuntu for my second PC - failed.
> >
> > is there any place I can find a detailled doc for creating an
> > installation package? the problem is, the assistant quits with an
> > error-message: failed to create package. period. I would need some more
> > info.
> >
> > thanks and regards,
> > Dag Jarle Johansen
> >

> I got your project file, but why do you want to make a binary package of your
> Gambas 3 project now? It will be useless, as there is no binary packages of
> Gambas 3 at the moment.

hi

ok, see the point, I just wanted to be fit to test over the network,
without installing the complete gambas 3 SVN. it is just a matter of
(bad) experience, to test as early as possible, even if the app is not
ready. in my MS-days I have paid with a lot of extra work, because the
software worked fine on the developer machine, and on a second
workstation it did not work at all. I will be patiently waiting for the
day when gambas 3 can be "packed" :) - still have one "clean" ubuntu-pc
around. for the moment I can test, and the app works fine on both PC's.

I'll watch up for the size of the attatchment in the future, was not
quite aware of that.

thanks for your time and concern
regards
Dag