[Gambas-user] Command line gambas compiler

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Mon Dec 27 09:35:40 CET 2010

2010/12/27 Ian Roper <ian.roper at ...1974...>:
> Apologies if this is a double post - have been having trouble posting
> things to the forum.
>
> Question:
> Is there a way to compile a Gambas project from a command line ?
> ie: The  Project > Make > Executable. process from the Development
> environment.

yes

go into the project directory root

gbc3 -A
gba3 -o ~/mygambasprog.gambas

> Context:
> I would like to be able to have an Gambas application self update from
> the web.
> To be able to download modified/new project elements and then recompile
> the application.gambas from a
> secondary application using the command line function.
i use it to update and reinstall my site from svn directly by an url

> I have all the rest working but can't find a way to recompile without
> using the GUI.
this is done ... gambas GUI is just a frontend

> Regards,
> Ian Roper
> Perth - Western Australia
>
> Gambas 2.22 on Ubuntu 10.10