[Gambas-user] How to run some job in background separately with UI

math.eber at ...221... math.eber at ...221...
Thu Dec 23 23:52:01 CET 2010

   These problems were exactly mine, one year ago.
   Have a look at gambas3/examples/Image/Lighttable.
   Maybe it could help you?
   Regards
   Matti
   -----Original-Nachricht-----
   Subject: [Gambas-user] How to run some job in background separately with UI
   Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 17:36:32 +0100
   From: Phạm Quang Dương <soleilpqd at ...626...>
   Hi everyone,
   I'm writing for myself a small program to manage my image files. I choose a
   folder, it will get all image files in this folder and display thumbnail
   with an Icon view (like Nautilus or other files manager).
   Current, I do:
   - Get image files list of the folder. (1)
   - For each image, check if it had thumbnail, load thumbnail to Icon view. If
   not, load original image, create and save thumbnail, display into icon view.
   (2).
   Even I made cache with thumbnail, the program is freezed for a time with a
   folder including many files.
   Can I do like Nautilus doing: display all files with a default icon, user
   still can scroll, select ... while the program loads and displays the
   thumbnails (it means that can I run (2) in background) ?