[Gambas-user] How to run some job in background separately with UI

Phạm Quang Dương soleilpqd at ...626...
Thu Dec 23 17:36:32 CET 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm writing for myself a small program to manage my image files. I choose a
folder, it will get all image files in this folder and display thumbnail
with an Icon view (like Nautilus or other files manager).
Current, I do:
- Get image files list of the folder. (1)
- For each image, check if it had thumbnail, load thumbnail to Icon view. If
not, load original image, create and save thumbnail, display into icon view.
(2).
Even I made cache with thumbnail, the program is freezed for a time with a
folder including many files.
Can I do like Nautilus doing: display all files with a default icon, user
still can scroll, select ... while the program loads and displays the
thumbnails (it means that can I run (2) in background) ?

An additional request, do you have a sample about run-time resizable control
(like we draw, resize controls to design form with Gambas IDE). I try to
make a rectangle selection tool (like one of GIMP) to select an area of
image, but I still have not any idea.

Thank you, Merry Christmas and Happy new year :)