[Gambas-user] Bug with IsDate?

Mon Dec 20 20:00:03 CET 2010

Hi!
I don't quite understand how this should work...

IsDate(Now) returns False, and IsDate(Str(Now)) returns True.

I don't understand why IsXXX functions accept anything else than string.
Help window says 'IsDate(Value As Variant) As Boolean' and below it it
continues 'IsDate( String ) As Boolean'. See attachment.
This creates confusion, especially when IsDate(Now) = False!

So, if IsXXX functions are meant to handle only strings, why they don't
strictly accept only strings?

Gambas 3 rev 3384 @ Ubuntu 10.10 64bit

Jussi