[Gambas-user] About help and arrays and variables

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Dec 16 22:43:32 CET 2010

> On 12/16/2010 11:55 AM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> >>      I am converting some older code over and came across this
> >>
> >> idiosyncrasy with static arrays in subs, I can work around it easily
> >> enough but my curiosity is peaked... why are static arrays not allowed
> >> at the procedure level?
> >
> > Because the stack can't receive them.
>
> I see... so a fundamental internal change took place to cause this (i.e.
> they were allowed at the procedure level in older versions, now they are
> not). Anyway... can't change it so its not important.

There is no need of "static" (named "embedded" now) arrays. They describe part
of an object memory allocation, and the stack is not an object memory
allocation. Using local normal arrays has the same effect.

Benoît Minisini