[Gambas-user] painting graph to image continuously

wally wally at ...2037...
Thu Dec 16 13:15:35 CET 2010

On Thursday 16 December 2010 10:21:16 wally wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 December 2010 18:57:16 Fabien Bodard wrote:

> > > Yes, I forgot that only Paint can be used on images... So you have to
use
> > > Paint!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Benoît Minisini

> > or a drawing area ...
> >
> > --
> > Fabien Bodard

> Fabian, Benoit,
>
> i tied your suggestion too and  it's true i can apply "Draw" and "Paint"
> to DrawingArea, but doing so, i get more problems.
> I attached code and screenshot for better reading
>
> DraawingArea.Cache = TRUE
>
> 1st Problem is that after the first resize operation the former Drawing is
> repeated. So i get several identical graphs in sequence.
>
> 2nd Problem is that
> Draw.FillRect(DrawingArea1.W - 1, 0, 1, DrawingArea1.H, Color.Cyan)
> is ignored , same as the paint instructions after 1st resize.
>
> 3rd Problem is the screenshot, you can see this in attachment.
>
> How to do this all as needed and how to save a copy of the entire graph ?
>
> thanks wally

Hello,

i did some tests for better understanding what's going on when resizing
DrawingArea.

Running attached code (circle.txt) creates the file "circles.png" .
On screen, i got a different drawing, shown in "extern_screenshot.png" taken
with KSnapShot directly from the screen.

May anybody be so kind to explain this and/or give me a hint  what to read
first to get the code work as needed.

thanks wally

code:
Public Sub btn_test_Click()

 '100, 80 - - > 200, 160  resizing from to

  Draw.Begin(DrawingArea2)
    Draw.Circle(50, 40, 30)
  Draw.End

  DrawingArea2.Resize(200, 160)

  myPicture = DrawingArea2.Screenshot()
  myPicture.Save(ProjPath &/ "circles.png")

End